maybedog

Closure
S.H. Allan
Cuddling

The Flesh Cartel #2: Auction

The Flesh Cartel #2: Auction - Rachel Haimowitz, Heidi Belleau I'm reviewing all of season one together (the first two episodes) but there aren't any spoilers.

There is something supremely sick and wrong with me because I loved these books. Part of me wonders if it's some government agency's trick to see who out there is so perverted to enjoy a story about people being gang raped and tortured repeatedly. At least I found the story very disturbing so that says something, right? I didn't get off on it. **shudder** Hopefully I won't be hauled off to some internment camp for perverts.

There will never be a happy ending for this serial. I've looked at synopses for episodes much further ahead and it's just going to get worse and worse. The only way I could handle the endings were that they weren't really endings, just chapters. But I should never have started because I'm just going to have my heart broken eventually.

That said, the brothers are so sweet and I'm a sucker for brothers. Their love and fierce protective streaks for each other just get me. There's all kinds of danger and life & death situations, and some that are so gross, I had to skim them.

It's a little funny that I can love these and hate hardcore BDSM books but there is a huge difference: in these, the good characters hate the violence and are trying to escape it. In hardcore BDSM books, the characters we're supposed to love are either inflicting the violence or receiving it and both love it. Ick.

I bought these as a bundle on the publisher's website for a discount. The Season 2 bundle isn't yet finished because one more episode is to be published in April. I'm going to wait until then. They're already working on season 3.