maybedog

S.H. Allan
Closure
S.H. Allan
Cuddling
Going Under - Lisa Worrall This was a fairly standard paranormal romance reminding me quite a bit of [b:Oleander House|1046382|Oleander House (Bay City Paranormal Investigations, #1)|Ally Blue|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1328747919s/1046382.jpg|1032808]. Insta-love of course, but they were cute together. Good amount of danger and sex. I didn't like the constant POV shifts, although she at least indicated stuff with section breaks. It's unnerving, though, when there's a section break and then suddenly a sex scene continues from another POV.

Pacing was very good. The characters were a little two dimensional but pleasant enough. The romance, despite the insta-love, was really good and enough to wipe away any boringness of the other characters. There were also some good, strong women.

I really liked that some stuff wasn't black and white. Like Evan's parents weren't all bad and weren't all good.

The hypnosis session was stereotypical book/movie stuff and not at all how hypnosis works. Afterward, he didn't remember anything that happened during hypnosis. It was cute though.

As I've come to expect from Worrell, there's a cliffhanger at the end that will never be addressed. She reminds me a lot of [a:Mary Higgins Clark|99044|Mary Higgins Clark|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/authors/1287227564p2/99044.jpg] who at least used to end her horror stories with a resurgence of the evil thing at the end. Well, it's like any horor movie where you think it's over and then you see the body twitch. It's fine in a horror movie, but it drives me crazy in a book.

3.5 stars rounded down because it just wasn't a four star book.