maybedog

S.H. Allan
Closure
S.H. Allan
Cuddling
The Jesus Incident - Frank Herbert, Bill Ransom This is my favorite book of all time. I've read it numerous times and own several copies although it's out of print. I gave a little seminar thing on it once. I tried to use it as the foundation of my Master's thesis but my advisor said there was too much to say about it and to save it for my PhD.

And yet I can't review it. Perhaps that's the reason: what I have to say would be a dissertation. So anything I could write here would be insufficient.

So I'll just tell you I love it because the main question I take from it is, "What, who, where, why, and how is/what's the nature/definition of god?" which is why I went to grad school to study religion.

So if that topic interests you, read this book. Now. Find a copy in a library or through ILL or on Alibris or somewhere else online and read it. I may even be willing to send you a copy if you can't get one any of these places. It's that good.

(Note: You do not need to read the first book in the series as it really doesn't add a whole lot and isn't very good. It does give a little more background then is provided in The Jesus Incident but I don't want you to hate it and then not read this one. I first read [b:Destination: Void|761449|Destination Void (Destination Void, #1)|Frank Herbert|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1194121358s/761449.jpg|3634673] many years after I'd already decided this was my favorite book and didn't even think about it.)