maybedog

Closure
S.H. Allan
Cuddling

Fun With Dick and Shane: The Memoirs Of A Submissive Houseboy

Fun With Dick and Shane: The Memoirs Of A Submissive Houseboy - Gillibran Brown I don't like menage relationships or BDSM in books but somehow this worked for me. This is the only way I can see a menage relationship working. The two daddies are the couple that have brought Gilly in. But they are the foundation of the relationship and that's clear. On top of that the hierarchy and everyone's roles are clear as well.

I almost cried in a couple of parts, laughed out loud a lot, and thought about the way I look at things quite a bit.

I love Gilly, and I think the man is brilliant. His wit is amazing. He's a wonderful young man, too, with his good friends the older women he meets with regularly, and how he treats people. Considering his background, he's amazingly polite and generous and kind. I just adored him.

I totally related to all Gilly's insecurities and can completely understand them. I think he took many of his reactions too far--he needed too much reassurance--but they completely made sense. For most of the book I agreed that maybe Shane didn't really love Gilly but tolerated him for Dick's sake. But then I realized that it was just how he was and that the three fell into some traditional roles in the family, although with a major twist, obviously. In fact, I think his love was shown in how he reacted when Gilly disobeyed him. My reaction would have been, "If you don't want to be part of this relationship, if you don't want to follow our rules, the door is right there." But he never said that no matter how angry he got.

I loved Dick, too, and Shane is growing on me. I didn't like him much throughout much of the book. He's the stereotypical overbearing father who only shows anger and little other emotion. But by the end I got who he was.

I heartily recommend this to anyone who likes BDSM (particularly D/s and domestic discipline) and/or menage relationships. But I also recommend it to those people like me who don't really understand them a whole lot. I've already bought the next book in the series.

Happy ending? Well, duh! There are sequels and they're true stories.